Tuesday

Singapore Comfort


thxs Jill


I've been excited about coming to Singapore for over a year now and I must say, it has not disappointed me. The mass transit is superb and dirt cheap; the shopping is irresistible; and the parks/gardens are sublime.

I'm suffering from a bit of sticker shock though. We paid more for our dinner last night (at a "NY deli" that turned out to be more of a diner) than we spent in a day in Malaysia. At this point, I'm willing to pay for a little comfort. I had my first hot shower in over two weeks (don't worry, I've taken cold ones), and our hotel has pillows that I am sure come straight from heaven. Oh yeah, did I mention the wonders of air conditioning and high speed internet?

We're going to bask in the comforts of the 1st world for another day before heading to Lombok Island in Indonesia. There, we're going to climb the second-highest mountain (a volcano) in Indonesia. I'm a little nervous since we've been sea slugs and jungle sloths since we left Seattle. I'm afraid the climb--7,000 feet in 6 miles (and that's just the first day)--is going to kill me. To recover we'll head to the beach for some more time in the water and sun.

(For those who have been asking, we're going to try to upload pictures periodically during the trip, but so far the technology has eluded us. We'll try again when we're back in Singapore.)


No comments:

Recent Comments